Ok, yet another release for y’all…

* new class: TopLevelWindow to handle the concept of "active" windows
* new class: MidiMessageCollector helper for realtime midi input, and created a midi folder to tidy up the directory structure of the midi classes.
* added a JUCE_CATCH_UNHANDLED_EXCEPTIONS config to turn off the juce exception logging
* renamed JUCEApplication::getApplicationInstance() to JUCEApplication::getInstance(), for consistency with all the other singletons. Sorry for the hassle, but it's easy to find-and-replace it in your code.
* finished keyboard navigation for menu bars
* new class: Synthesiser, which is an abstract base class for multitimbral synths. Also added one of these to the audio page of the Juce demo
* TreeViews now have an extra item width parameter for each item, and horizontal scrollbars if items are too wide to fit on screen.

Nice, thanks much, will test in the next few days. :slight_smile:

Cheers! Nice sliders =D

Everything builds OK here (vc6 / codeblocks) in case you were wondering. I don’t expect you were. So this paragraph is pretty redundant. Ignore it.

:lol:

After recompiling the library for 1.25, I tried one of my existing projects which was working with v 1.24 and find that my output generates many linker errors.

I’m using Bloodshed Dev-C++ on XP.

The majority of my errors are:

[Linker error] undefined reference to `juce::TopLevelWindow::etc…

To see all the output:

http://www.angelolakra.com/debug/test1.txt

(I’m new to the C++ realm of OOP, so please forgive my ignorance if this is a simple problem)

Thanks ahead of time,

Angelo Lakra

The Min and Max buttons look much better in 1.25 in original look and feel mode, although I feel that the grey color makes it look as if they’re disabled rather than active. Perhaps another modest color for each would make them appear active. At the very least, maybe a slight color change during a mouseover, similar to the close button. Also, I’m OK with the separation between the min/max and close. It looks good.

[quote=“gedumer”]
The Min and Max buttons look much better in 1.25 in original look and feel mode, although I feel that the grey color makes it look as if they’re disabled rather than active. Perhaps another modest color for each would make them appear active. At the very least, maybe a slight color change during a mouseover, similar to the close button. Also, I’m OK with the separation between the min/max and close. It looks good.[/quote]

agreed, on all counts.

Thanks chaps… Looks like I forgot to update the devcpp build and left ASIO enabled, so I might post a quick patch for that tomorrow. Will take on board the UI thoughts too.

:shock:

Wow, you rocks Jules :lol:

I had this problem as well. When I looked, the TopLevelWindow.h and TopLevelWindow.cpp files were not in the 1.25 dev-c++ project file. I added these files, and recompiled juce. Now I get these linker errors:

[Linker error] undefined reference to `wglCreateContext@4' 
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `wglShareLists@8' 
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `wglDeleteContext@4' 
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8' 
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8' 
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `glViewport@16' 

Jules - is the dev-c++ project file up to date?
how should I fix these new linker errors?

Those are just the fact that the project isn’t linking to the opengl libraries - if you’re not using opengl or haven’t got the libs for it, you can disable it by setting the flag in the juce_Config.h file.