1 knob - 2 values

Hey there :slight_smile:

Is there a way to attach, for instance, two different parameters to one knob? In different ranges?
[I guess the difference in the ranges would lead to bad errors?]

So, just as an example, I have a knob “firstSlider” , and firstSlider gets mapped to a Threshold Parameter with a Range from -40.0 to 0.0,

and the firstSlider gets also mapped to a MakeUpGain Parameter with a range of 0.0 to 2.0 …

I guess this does not work with just mapping another SliderAttachment onto the same Slider, because that throws me some Errors :smiley:

Of cause I could just use that firstSlider with only one parameter mapped and from that value calculate different threshold values, but maybe there is an easier method :smiley:

The reason why I want to do this is that I want to control many parameters with one knob… for example when increasing firstSlider, makeUpGain goes up and simultanously the threshold would decrease :smiley:
[Doing this just for fun & learning purposes of Sound engineering :smiley: ]

Franz

You might need to make your own SliderAttachment. The user will struggle to automate both parameters separately, and you will struggle to display it.

You might be better off having a single parameter that controls two different aspects of the DSP.

1 Like