64 bit plugins on windows - text, labels not visible

Hi

Like others here, its time to port my plugins to 64 bit too, because the “cubase 5 64 bit” 32 bit bridge seems to be really unusable, at least on my system. I started with the PC version. After i fixed the errors in the latest tip :slight_smile: i could build a 64 bit version of one plugin. All stuff worked, expect of labels and other text. There is no visible text in Combo Boxes as in labels. They are empty. Bitmaps seems to work fine with 64 bit.

I tried different string types, for example:

Do i have to take an other string type or is this an issue in the framework? Would be very happy if someone can help me. The 32 bit version works pretty well.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Got some compiler warnings, one have to do with string concatenation. Maybe the warnings point to the issue:

1>.\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(10973) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from '__int64' to 'const int', possible loss of data 1>.\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(10982) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from '__int64' to 'const int', possible loss of data 1>.\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(102555) : warning C4005: 'SWAP_BE_WORD_TO_HOST' : macro redefinition 1> .\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(101178) : see previous definition of 'SWAP_BE_WORD_TO_HOST' 1>.\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(105047) : warning C4334: '<<' : result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) 1>.\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(105049) : warning C4334: '<<' : result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) 1>.\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(105051) : warning C4334: '<<' : result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) 1>.\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(113659) : warning C4334: '<<' : result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) 1>.\juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp(113661) : warning C4334: '<<' : result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?)

The text does show up in debug mode, but the plugin often crashes at startup.

I wasnt able to find the issue until now. Had someone success in building 64 bit VST’s on windows?

I would like to know more about this too, as I’m about to enter the 64 bit programming project myself. :wink:

Looks like the same problem, solved here: http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5610

Sorry for answering on this topic from 7 years ago, but did anyone get a solution for this?
I have developed a plugin in xcode (mac) and I’m trying to export in visual studio for windows. But the labels are not showing up in the plugin.

Whoa there, nothing on here will still be remotely relevant! Am locking the thread - please ask again on a new thread with up-to-date info if you need to!