A few beginners questions. Graphs, Nodes, OpenGl

I have gotten Juce up and running and it looks really promissing.

I have a few questions to better understand the platform. I figure that this is basic questions and hence it would be possible for someone to answer them pretty quickly:

• Opengl: I en juce demo i can see that I can use opengl, but I am not sure if the whole system runs on opengl. Specifically it looks like the transformations plugin runs relatively slowly in fullscreen mode (Running on a new mac). I am lacking an understanding of the devision between opengl and the UI system. E.g. how much is rendered in CPU and how much is rendered in GPU. I have not been able to find a thread which explains this properly. I can see in the demo that I can overlay the GUI objects on top of the Opengl objects, which gives me the impression that some form of OpenGl like transformations etc. is possible.
  • Graphs: I am in the need for graphing possibilities (see earlier project: http://www.instructables.com/id/Guino-Dashboard-for-your-Arduino/). I cannot find any good components for this and I wonder if the best way forward is to write them myself.
  • Node based objects: I want to experiment with a node based gui (Puredata/MaxMsp style). I can see that some of the examples on the frontpage uses this, but I cannot see any native component doing this.

I would be gratefull for any suggestions or answers.

There are no native graphing components that I know of, but it really isn't difficult to create your own. The Graphics class is really quite easy to get the hang of and drawing to component is very easy.

JUCE comes with a simple host that provides access to node based processing. It makes extensive use of the AudioProcessorGraph class:http://www.juce.com/juce/api/classAudioProcessorGraph.html

I can't comment on the OpenGL stuff, I never use it.

Thank your commets. It is a great start. If anybody knows more about opengl please do not hesitatet to comment :)