A gotcha in juce_RTAS_WRapper.cpp

Juce 2.00 has a holdover error in juce_RTAS_Wrapper.cpp. There’s a case statement in getFormatForChans that gives an error on case 8. There’s no definition for ePlugIn_StemFormat_7dot1. There are several related definitions for 7.1, but they’re variants such as ePlugIn_StemFormat_7dot0SDDS. This is not currently a big problem for me–I can simply comment out the case as I did for 1.53. But at some point it will matter.

Sorry, I didn’t realise that was a problem. Presumably this will work:

#if PT_VERS_MAJOR >= 9 case 8: return ePlugIn_StemFormat_7dot1SDDS #else case 8: return ePlugIn_StemFormat_7dot1; #endif

[quote=“jules”]Sorry, I didn’t realise that was a problem. Presumably this will work:

#if PT_VERS_MAJOR >= 9 case 8: return ePlugIn_StemFormat_7dot1SDDS #else case 8: return ePlugIn_StemFormat_7dot1; #endif [/quote]
That would work, although ePlugIn_StemFormat_7dot1DTS is probably a better choice. SDDS (5 across the front) has been abandoned, and was never much loved by the guys who had to use it. The DTS format (4 surrounds) is closer to what you’ll typically find in use. You should expect to see some change in that as time goes by, since there isn’t really a well-accepted 7.1 format. But heck, you just want it to compile.

Well, I chose that one because it would have the same enum value as the original ePlugIn_StemFormat_7dot1, but I’ll bow to your greater experience in this area and use the DTS one instead!

Please don’t bow. It’s so undignified 8) I don’t really think it will matter much, since there’s no agreed-upon standard. I suspect one is a long way off.