In AAX JUCE plug-ins, touch automation is currently broken.
- Load up any JUCE demo plugin. I’m using GainPlugin.
- Prepare a parameter for automation. I’m using Gain.
- Set the track’s automation mode to Touch.
- Record some fast automation.
- Hit stop. Leave Touch automation on.
- Hit play again. Don’t touch the knob.
It appears that there is some built-in interpolation with JUCE’s parameters or something similar. Repeated passes of Touch automation take the existing automation curve and essentially apply a low-pass filter to it.
Is there a way to turn off automation interpolation? We do all required interpolation in our DSP.
I forgot to add… this is not occurring in Logic Pro X, which makes me assume that this is an AAX issue.