Access Virus TI problems

I recently purchased a Access Virus TI which I use in my sequencers as VSTi (what Access calls “Total Integration”). As ASIO soundcard I use a M-Audio Delta 1010LT with a setting of 128 samples latency.
Now, JUCE & the Virus TI do not seem to like each other. When I use the TI in the JUCE PluginHost (from JUCE 1.51), I always get hanging notes after playing a few although this never happens with any other VSTi. I’m using the on-screen MIDI Keyboard to play notes.

Do you have any idea what this could be?

Found the problem in my sequencer. It was not related to JUCE. Still, the PluginHost produces hanging notes with the Virus TI, but that should not be of my concern :slight_smile:

There is an issue with hanging notes that’s related to the VST implementation.
It happens when the audio buffer size is too small, some hosts or audio cards give very small buffers (like 2 samples long) to the plugin when nothing is happening, in this case
you can only put 2 midi messages in the buffer for each process() call, so you get note dropouts, i see this issue in FLStudio, i went around this (and i think it can be done within the audio wrapper in juce), by keeping the leftover notes in the buffer that’s emptied on next process() calls so that all midi messages get to the host and out. I don’t know if this is your issue but that’s what i know happens.

No, in my case it was just my failure to intialize some variables properly. As for the buffer size problem, afaik FLStudio offers the option to make it fixed using “fixed buffer sizes”.

yes i know, but that’s a work-around on the host side, i implemented a code based workaround.