Adding Third party Libraries

Hello,

I’m having some problems adding other third party libraries , in this case boost, using the introjucer for a VST plugin. I am using the Reaper as a host. Here are the steps I took:

• Was able to compile the plug in linking to external library but doing so, the plugin wasn’t detectable by reaper.
  • checked the bundle and found that the library linked wasn’t added to any folder.
  • moved the library into the bundle and changed the path to it using install_name_tool but the plugin still wasn’t detectable by reaper
  • checked the binary architecture and found out that it was x86_64 only, instead of fat (i386 & x86_64) for a working vst.
  • recompiled boost in both i386 and x86_64 and linked it to the vst. The plug in is now available on reaper but crashes the application.
  • used the debugger and found that the problem came from juce_AudioSampleBuffer.h but when removing the directive to link the third party library, everything is working fine again.
    Also even though I am linking to a library it is not begin used in the code.

Anyone know what can be the problem?? what would be the proper way of adding other libraries with the introjucer??