AlertWindow doesn't look too good


#1

I see you changed the AlertWindow to use the AttributedString, i was having some problems with my own use of the AttributedString so i went back to your AlertWindow class, but i’m getting some weird look out of it, here is an example:

[attachment=0]alert_window_mess.png[/attachment]

it looks like the message itself goes over the AlertWindow title. This happens with string that have a TAB in them “’\t” when i removed the tabs from the string the AlertWindow looks ok.


#2

Weird! Thanks, I guess I’d better strip out the tab characters, it must be messing up the windows layout engine.


#3

Erm… actually, I just tried it with a few tabs, and it just seemed to leave gaps as you’d expect, not to mess up the formatting. Could you give me an example of a string that messes up like this?


#4

Sure i encoded it to a XML so you won’t miss any characters:

<debug debugString="lua runtime error&#10;&#10;At line [7]:&#10;&#9;[string &quot;...&quot;]&#10;&#10;Error message:&#10;&#9;[string &quot;...&quot;]:7: attempt to call method 'getModulator' (a nil value)&#10;&#10;Method disabled"/>

and here is how it looks like:
[attachment=0]alert_window_mess2.png[/attachment]


#5

Thanks, I’ll get that sorted out…


#6

[quote=“atom”]Sure i encoded it to a XML so you won’t miss any characters:

<debug debugString="lua runtime error&#10;&#10;At line [7]:&#10;&#9;[string &quot;...&quot;]&#10;&#10;Error message:&#10;&#9;[string &quot;...&quot;]:7: attempt to call method 'getModulator' (a nil value)&#10;&#10;Method disabled"/>

[/quote]

I think that you may use UTF-8 for encoding your string.
Try that :


#7

Heh :slight_smile: i am using UTF8 i just pasted it here with that encoding so jules could reproduce it at home, i don’t know what sort of things this PHPBB does to special characters. I just wanted to make sure it’s all there.