Ambiguous call to overloaded function tracktion_waveaudioclip & tracktion_midiclip.cpp

Getting the following on a new te project:

Summary

1>c:\modules\tracktion_engine\model\clips\tracktion_waveaudioclip.cpp(472): error C2668: ‘juce::ReferenceCountedArray<tracktion_engine::Clip,juce::DummyCriticalSection>::add’: ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>c:\juce\modules\juce_core\containers\juce_referencecountedarray.h(348): note: could be ‘ObjectClass *juce::ReferenceCountedArray<ObjectClass,juce::DummyCriticalSection>::add(const juce::ReferenceCountedObjectPtr<tracktion_engine::Clip> &)’
1> with
1> [
1> ObjectClass=tracktion_engine::Clip
1> ]
1>c:\juce\modules\juce_core\containers\juce_referencecountedarray.h(330): note: or ‘ObjectClass *juce::ReferenceCountedArray<ObjectClass,juce::DummyCriticalSection>::add(ObjectClass *)’
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1>c:\modules\tracktion_engine\model\clips\tracktion_waveaudioclip.cpp(472): note: while trying to match the argument list ‘(juce::ReferenceCountedObjectPtr<tracktion_engine::WaveAudioClip>)’
1>c:\modules\tracktion_engine\model\clips\tracktion_midiclip.cpp(605): error C2668: ‘juce::ReferenceCountedArray<tracktion_engine::Clip,juce::DummyCriticalSection>::add’: ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>c:\juce\modules\juce_core\containers\juce_referencecountedarray.h(348): note: could be ‘ObjectClass *juce::ReferenceCountedArray<ObjectClass,juce::DummyCriticalSection>::add(const juce::ReferenceCountedObjectPtr<tracktion_engine::Clip> &)’
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1>c:\juce\modules\juce_core\containers\juce_referencecountedarray.h(330): note: or ‘ObjectClass *juce::ReferenceCountedArray<ObjectClass,juce::DummyCriticalSection>::add(ObjectClass *)’
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1>c:\modules\tracktion_engine\model\clips\tracktion_midiclip.cpp(605): note: while trying to match the argument list ‘(juce::ReferenceCountedObjectPtr<tracktion_engine::MidiClip>)’

Hmm, I’m not seeing this, can you grab the latest tip of the develop branch and see if the problem is still there?

Do any of the example projects show this behaviour?

Also, you’re not using a version of JUCE older than is supported by the Engine are you? Check what the JUCE submodule in tracktion_engine/modules/juce is pointing to for this.

Let me know if you’re still having problems.

It’s the latest branch and using the latest Juce version. I’m not seeing it occur in any of the examples. Odd that it’s occurring in only those two identical functions. Could it be some header order hogwash with my project?

Maybe you have a different setting for JUCE_STRICT_REFCOUNTEDPOINTER?

That was it! Thanks!