Android Studio - creating a release build - error

Hey Guys,

debugging is working perfect without any problems, but i still have problems building a release with actual version of Juce 4 and Android Studio.

I build for Android 4.4.2 ... after many hours of trying i tell you the steps, of which ich hope are correct :

 

- debugging works on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (yeah!)

 

- i change "build variants" to "armeabiv7aRelease"

- i go to "edit configuration" and press fix signing error

- i add my generated key-File (*.jks)

- it now says: "Gradle Project sync failed"


Error:(180, 0) Gradle DSL method not found: 'android()'
Possible causes:<ul><li>The project 'AndroidStudio' may be using a version of the Android Gradle plug-in that does not contain the method (e.g. 'testCompile' was added in 1.1.0).
<a href="fixGradleElements">Fix plugin version and sync project</a></li><li>The project 'AndroidStudio' may be using a version of Gradle that does not contain the method.
<a href="open.wrapper.file">Open Gradle wrapper file</a></li><li>The build file may be missing a Gradle plugin.
<a href="apply.gradle.plugin">Apply Gradle plugin</a></li>
 

- i tried to change the "guild.gradle - file / dependencies" into other versions without success

dependencies { classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle-experimental:0.3.0-alpha7' }  (original)

 

Please, what else can i do to make it work ?

 

Thanks

Jens

 

 

for example if try this gradle version:  

classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:1.5.0'
 

Android Studio says:

Error:(1, 0) Plugin with id 'com.android.model.application' not found.
<a href="openFile:/Users/../Documents/MinimalDJ/Builds/AndroidStudio/app/build.gradle">Open File</a>

 

Update 1 hour later:

- after reading and searching in WWW and trying to make changes to the model{} now i understand that it must be the experimental version

i give it up for now until someone tells me how to do it right :-)
 

Try:

classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle-experimental:0.3.0-alpha7'

That should help.

Hi Rory,

thanks for the tip, but i still get the same error; Gradle DSL method not found: 'android()'

Meanwhile i went back from Android Studio 1.5 to 1.4.1, but with same result.

I'm pretty close to going back to my Ant build. Things are building for me fine in Studio but nothing runs on my phone. It makes things pretty hard to debug ;)