Android studio hanging following tutorial

Hi folks, I’m just trying to get going following the Android tutorial and seem to be stuck getting out of the gate. I’ve installed Android studio, set it up so it’s finding the SDK and NDK and ensure the paths are up to date in the Projucer, and have just installed the latest version of juce.

here’s what happens:

• I make a simple GUI app in projucer, selecting Android as the export target
  • I then hit the exporter button
  • Android studio opens, with my project-name as the top name, and the top left item is “Android”
  • then it hangs, with a spinning wheel saying “indexing” at the bottom, a “loading” message in the top left, and that’s all I get. It never comes out of this state.

Anyone have any tips on what this means or what I need to do?

thanks
iain

Well it eventually came to life, but it was spinning on indexing for about a half hour, anyone know what might lead to that?

Did you ever find a fix for this?

I get the same indexing problem where it takes an hour "Scanning module ‘MyApp.app.main’ " and then it starts looking through what appear to be random files on my computer.

This doesn’t happen with Android’s hello world example (not using juce).

Ok I think I have this fixed.

The usual tricks, like File->Invalidate Caches/Restart didn’t work.

Eventually found an issue raised with Android Studio by someone also running a project with c++ code: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/171801044
Comment #22 explains that it’s a problem with how IntelliJ merges source routes. In my case, I had to move my JUCE folder, my project, and Android SDK all onto the same drive, and that fixed it.