Assertion failure and segmentation fault

Hey,
I just started the tutorial and compiled the Hello World plugin with the Linux Makefile.
I haven’t changed anything, just build it and get the following:
“JUCE Assertion failure in juce_VST3_Wrapper.cpp:3061” everytime I remove the Plugin and sometimes if I load the plugin.
Another one is:
“JUCE Assertion failure in juce_VST3PluginFormat.cpp:3636” that seems kind of random.
Sometimes I also get a segmentation fault and Ardour crashes. It happens in Ardour and in the JUCE Plugin Host.

I found some similar problems but no solution. Is there a solution? Is it a bug? Should I fill a bug-report? Which information should I send if i do?

1 Like

I used make CONFIG=Release and the Assertion Failure is gone…

Seeing the same problems with a plugin here on my Fedora machine.
Have you found any more info in the meantime?

Reaper loads the plugin without complaining, but AudioPluginHost crashes everytime with “JUCE Assertion failure in juce_VST3PluginFormat.cpp:3636" and a subsequent segmentation fault.

Building for release also doesn’t change this unfortunately…

This may be fixed in develop.

2 Likes

Indeed the assertion on juce_VST3PluginFormat.cpp:3636 should be addressed by the recent change on develop.

The assertion on juce_VST3_Wrapper.cpp:3061 indicates a problem with the host. I haven’t experienced this with AudioPluginHost, so this could be a problem with Ardour but it shouldn’t lead to a crash.

1 Like