AU loads in Pluginhost and AU Lab, but nothing else


#1

Tried in Reaper, Live, Audacity - doesn't recognize it, yet Pluginhost and Au Lab have no problem! Confounding.

The only possibly unique thing is the plugin uses a 3rd party dsp library put in /usr/local/lib (EDIT - I just realized this is owned by root, not staff... need to investigate). But, since execution is successful in some cases, clearly this isn't the problem right? I've kept an eye on the system diagnostics log and there's no mention of problems when plugin scans are running. 

I believe I've tried every combination of settings possible. 
- for the "Bundle Creator OS Type code" I tried ????, TDMw, APPL
- experimented with 32/64/x86_64 architectures
- deployment targets 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
- installed to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components 
- removed the AudioComponents array in the .plist

The .plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>AudioComponents</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>description</key>
            <string>Spectral Granular Synthesizer</string>
            <key>factoryFunction</key>
            <string>CycleAUFactory</string>
            <key>manufacturer</key>
            <string>Amrn</string>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Amaranth Audio: Cycle</string>
            <key>subtype</key>
            <string>Cycl</string>
            <key>type</key>
            <string>aumu</string>
            <key>version</key>
            <integer>65536</integer>
        </dict>
    </array>
    <key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>
    <string>12A269</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>Cycle</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.amaranthaudio.audiounit.cycle</string>
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>Cycle</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>BNDL</string>
    <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
    <string>1.0.0</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1.0.0</string>
    <key>DTCompiler</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
    <string>4H1503</string>
    <key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
    <string>GM</string>
    <key>DTSDKBuild</key>
    <string>12D75</string>
    <key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>macosx10.8</string>
    <key>DTXcode</key>
    <string>0463</string>
    <key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
    <string>4H1503</string>
    <key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>
    <string>10.6</string>
    <key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
    <string>Copyright © 2014 Amaranth Audio Inc.</string>
</dict>
</plist>

 

Also, symbols are exported right:

localhost:MacOS davenhughes$ nm Cycle | grep AUFactory

000000000000326e T _CycleAUFactory

 

If anyone can help I'd be much obliged, like if you need debugging help in the future shoot me a pm.


#2

I experimented putting the dylib in /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/lib chowned to staff, /usr/lib/, ~/Applications/ ... no difference, still works in some hosts but not in others. So it doesn't appear to be a sandbox restriction. 


#3

Somehow I'd managed not to build the Carbon resources. Doh.