AU under XCode 4.4

How ?

Amazing thanks!

Guys,

does anyone have the 1.0.1 (or 1.0.2?) stored somewhere - and could you possibly attach it here?

The current version ( https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#samplecode/CoreAudioUtilityClasses/Introduction/Intro.html ) is Version 1.0.3 and it says:
Runtime Requirements: Xcode 4.3 or later, OS X v10.7/iOS 5.0 or later.

Dammit Apple, you and your “we stop supporting anything older than a year and also delete absolutely everything from our site to help you maintain backwards compatibility” attitude! Arrrrr!

• Bram

Hey, Bram - not sure if redistribution is allowed… I’ll PM you.

Already got it from a further unnamed developer ( :wink: )! Thx!

• bram

Never mind - I just checked the EULA in the files, and redistribution is absolutely allowed, even in modified form.

I’ve just created a public github repository with all the archives and required patchfiles: https://github.com/adfernandes/core-audio-utility-classes.

Hope that helps anyone else in the same situation!

Ah… superb.

• Bram

being curious, I ran some AU validation tests on my plugins with the 1.0.3 version of CoreAudio Utility classes on various OS/X flavours

plugins were built on OS/X 10.7.5, using XCode 4.5.2, base SDK = 10.7, target SDK = 10.5

auval results:

10.4.11, 32-bit : fail (well this was kinda expected and can live with it…)
10.5.8, 32-bit: fail (ouch, this hurts more! CoreAudioUtiltiyClasses 1.0.2 has the same problem btw - thanks for pointing this out Bram!)
10.6.8, 32-bit: pass
10.7.5, 64-bit: pass
10.8.2, 64-bit: pass

so while the Apple docs say that 10.7 is required during run time, in practice, for building AU plug-ins, it seems to run on 10.6 like 1.0.2 did. YMMV of course

unbelievably, they still did not fix the compilation error in AuCarbonViewBase.cpp. Do they even bother compiling this stuff before releasing it? Or is my XCode pickier than theirs?
So you still need to patch line 263 from

to

I filed a bug report for that error ( apple radar 13242270 ) and communicated the bug with Michael Wong from Apple.

• bram

[quote=“bdejong”]I filed a bug report for that error ( apple radar 13242270 ) and communicated the bug with Michael Wong from Apple.

• bram[/quote]
    Hope you have better luck than I did. I spoke with him at AES about this issue and you can see how far I got.

By the way,

It seems that the patch of AUCarbonViewBase.cpp (I also had to patch CADebugMacros_h) is needed if in Xcode > Project > Traget > Build Settings you set C++ Language Dialect to C++98.

Boy oh boy, it seems like there are a half-dozen different ways to make this work. Wouldn’t it be nice if Apple actually paid some attention to AU so we didn’t have to go through this?