Audio Stuff

How’s everyone doing today? I hope OK!

I’m currently in the middle of trying to write this multitracker and though I’ve made alot of progress, I’m getting confused in a couple of places.

Before I go on… I’ve made a vertical slider that’s almost fully functional. By almost, I mean it works perfectly except for the mousewheel control, which I haven’t messed with yet.

So, if anyone wants it… shoot me an e-mail: elias@dubok.net

I’ve also made a basic vertical VU meter, but it needs more tweaking for fluid animation. I’ll post that on here when I’m finished with it.

On to the audio questions!

I’m currently managing to stream 1 channel of audio. Right now my entire StartAudio\Audio callback get called from a seperate thread, which I’m assuming is the right way to do it?

Now, my first question is this: If I want to stream two seperate inputs to the same output…do I need to use a MixerAudio object to do that, or is that only used for playback? Also, since each track I’m creating has it’s own audio object and callback etc… Do I need to worry about having a critical section somewhere?

Like I said… i’m getting confused :frowning:

My next and last question:

The one channel of audio that I’m able to stream starts out sounding great: no latency, no problems, I even implemented my VU and it’s working fine… But, the bitrate then randomly drops severely. I’m assuming this has something to do with numSamples, but I can’t seem to find the solution.

Anyway, any advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Elias
Dubok!
http://www.dubok.net