Best way of representing a bell curve

What’s the best approach for representing a bell curve for an EQ graphically. As you can see I have handles and I want to represent that purple as a sum of all curves

I came across this but is there a better way?

Are you talking about specific filters? If you simply want to visualise IIR filters, have a look at my open source equaliser here:

Yeah it’s just normal filters. I just wanted a way to show typical curves for Bell, Notch, HS, LS, LP and HP with the only consideration being Q width. Under the hood it’s a different beast 32 band lin phase eq with sub banding for extra detail but the whole thing is run in reverse so its the typical eq display that dictates.

The project looks spot on though for what I need thanks.

So the digging back through the code I found the band struct which I have one very similar identical infact if you drop the name. But tracing back through it all it seems that it’s the IIR filter class that dictactes the magnitude values.

void IIR::Coefficients<NumericType>::getMagnitudeForFrequencyArray 

Seems bit superfluous to crate the IIR filters just for getting values but seems like the quickest approach for now to visualise the data.

Thanks again.

Cheers again I’m almost there with it…

Noticed using the makePeak barfs using negative db’s
wish there was an actual bell function for the FIR as Notch has no amount. Current thought is to just invert the magnitudes for the visual.