Bibliography

I’ve come across an old thread where you mentioned a book you took inspiration from for your coding style, namely “Sutter/Alexandrescu’s C++ Coding Standards”

I think, many of the readers of this forum appreciate the source code of JUCE and the way it is written. What do you think about posting a list of the most interesting readings you took inspiration from?

Very flattering! Well, I’ve not got a huge library, but a few other favourites are:

Herb Sutter’s “Exceptional C++” and “More Exceptional C++”, which both have a lot of good advice on style and obscure linguistic pitfalls.
Meyers’ “More Effective C++”, which is good, though seems a little dated in places now.
The Josuttis “C++ Standard Library” reference is handy to have around.
Alexandrescu’s “Modern C++ Design” is also a great book, showing how many clever things you do with templates by using extreme cunningness. I tend to avoid over-complex templated code myself, but it’s interesting to get an feel for the kind of things that are possible.

Mark… :wink:

LOL…you just read off everything on my bookshelf.

Let me add to that (not all C++ but still relevant to Juce)

C++ Templates: The Complete Guide
David Vandevoorde and Nicolai M. Josuttis

Digital Filters: Analysis, Design, and Applications
Andreas Antoniou

Introduction to Signal Processing
Sophocles J. Orfanidis

I still suck at C++ (I come from the signal processing side, where most people mistrust C++ and stick with C for some unknown historical reasons). Are there any recommended books for relative C++ neophytes? I’m basically looking for the K&R of C++, the book that would be most useful on a desert island if you were programming C++, as opposed to trying to hunt crabs and find fresh water.

Thanks,

Sean Costello

[quote=“TheVinn”]Let me add to that (not all C++ but still relevant to Juce)

C++ Templates: The Complete Guide
David Vandevoorde and Nicolai M. Josuttis

Digital Filters: Analysis, Design, and Applications
Andreas Antoniou

Introduction to Signal Processing
Sophocles J. Orfanidis[/quote]

Really provide timely help!!
Thanks!