Birthday Present

It’s my birthday today! Woohoo!

Being a nerd like i am, i thought to celebrate, i would set myself a coding challenge. The challenge was to make Tetris. And i did. And i thought i would share it here.

Jucetris (windows)

It’s not a ‘complete’ game, there are still a few things not handled. But the game plays and works, and i am satisfied.

I give you the source code so you can finish it off in your own way if you find yourself bored.

Jucetris source & VC++e project

[i am actually going to fully comment the code next, i just thought i’d post the code ‘as is’ when satisfied first]

Controls are cursors to move and ‘,’ and ‘.’ to rotate.

There’s loads of stuff you could do to it. Make a nicer interface. Add scoring (not just line counting). Make the speed get higher after a certain number of lines have been cleared. Add a ‘Redefine controls’ option. A high-score table. 2 player mode. Do what you like with it.

happy birthday man !
very cute game, i waited for tetris made in juce from the first time i’ve seen juce… you are so kind on your birthday that i don’t even get game over ! finally a game that do not make me bad because of that crap phrase “game over”… thanx i’ll keep it on my HD… :smiley:

[quote=“haydxn”]It’s my birthday today! Woohoo!

Being a nerd like i am, i thought to celebrate, i would set myself a coding challenge. The challenge was to make Tetris. And i did. And i thought i would share it here.

Jucetris (windows)

It’s not a ‘complete’ game, there are still a few things not handled. But the game plays and works, and i am satisfied.

I give you the source code so you can finish it off in your own way if you find yourself bored.

Jucetris source & VC++e project

[i am actually going to fully comment the code next, i just thought i’d post the code ‘as is’ when satisfied first]

Controls are cursors to move and ‘,’ and ‘.’ to rotate.

There’s loads of stuff you could do to it. Make a nicer interface. Add scoring (not just line counting). Make the speed get higher after a certain number of lines have been cleared. Add a ‘Redefine controls’ option. A high-score table. 2 player mode. Do what you like with it.[/quote]

your a strange fucker h. cool, but strange.

You must have the same strange things going on in your head as I do. I was planning, once I finish the initial skinning basis, to do Tetris, Hangman, Tic Tac Toe and a bunch of other games. I wanted them all to be skinnable and highly customizable in hopes that no one would have to do these games ever again! :slight_smile:

Happy birthday and nice job! I like the color scheme and especially, it’s simplicity. You gotta love that it’s cross-platform too!

Happy Belated Birthday. Nice job on that as well.