BlowFish String Encryption

Well, I never suggested it would be added to the BlowFish class, just that having a method somewhere might be useful, but I understand the reason for not including one at all - fair enough.

You are correct. This isn’t rocket science, but understanding what intermediate classes to use to get data from point A to point B isn’t always instantly easy for those of use who have never touched these classes before and are still unfamiliar with a vast majority of the API (for example I had no knowledge of MemoryOutputStream before the above recommendation, so I wouldn’t know to use it). 11 years since this post and beginners are still having difficulty putting these pieces together, as there are multiple attempts in this thread to do the same task. I suppose you could say we need study more before posting questions that might seem absolutely elementary to people of higher caliber and wasting the member’s time, but you have to remember that this is the welcome message of your forums:

Anyway, back on track: what is interesting is at one point, one of my first attempts at this did the same as yours and returned a MemoryBlock from encrypt and accepted a MemoryBlock in decode, as it made sense to maintain that specific block of memory and not destroy it.