Bug - Error C2813 when compiling with QT in VS2010

I’m guessing this is only an issue if Quicktime is enabled under Windows.

[code]juce_audio_formats\juce_audio_formats.cpp(75): error C2813: #import is not supported with /MP
juce_audio_formats\juce_audio_formats.cpp(75): error C2813: #import is not supported with /MPc

juce_video\juce_video.cpp(70): error C2813: #import is not supported with /MP
juce_video\juce_video.cpp(71): error C2813: #import is not supported with /MP[/code]

Here’s the MS article on MP
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb385193.aspx

The errors can be resolved by setting “Multiprocessor Compilation” to “No” in the right-click properties for JuceLibraryCode/juce_video.cpp and JuceLibraryCode/juce_audio_formats.cpp. However, this must be done every time the project file is re-exported.

Well, thanks, but I’d be loathe to disable multiprocessor compilation just for a defunct library like QT.

BTW I’d strongly recommend not using the QT classes any more - Apple are clearly deprecating it, and on Windows there are alternative classes for playing movies and decoding audio using DirectShow. I’ll probably drop the old QT classes at some point fairly soon.

#import”? What is this nonsense? Is that even valid C++? I’ve never heard of it, and I’ve been using Visual Studio since they first came out with the C++ compiler…

[quote=“jules”]Well, thanks, but I’d be loathe to disable multiprocessor compilation just for a defunct library like QT.

BTW I’d strongly recommend not using the QT classes any more - Apple are clearly deprecating it, and on Windows there are alternative classes for playing movies and decoding audio using DirectShow. I’ll probably drop the old QT classes at some point fairly soon.[/quote]

Hmm, alright. I suppose I can try using a MovieComponent class that uses QuicktimeMovieComponent under OS X and DirectShowComponent under Windows. I was mostly trying to stay consistent between those two platforms.

That’d work, they’re very similar. At some point I need to tidy it all up into a single movie component for all platforms - I’ll probably do that when I do finally drop QT on windows.