Build configuration file

Hi Jules,

Why don’t you add a juce.xcconfig to the Xcode project including following settings?

GCC_VERSION_ppc = 3.3 MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET_ppc = 10.3 SDK_ROOT_ppc = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk

Probablly all developpers want to support Mac OS X 10.3.9 as well as 10.4.x, so this is very useful for JUCE developpers, I think.

About build configuration file, see below.
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/XcodeUserGuide/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/05_05_build_configs/chapter_32_section_6.html

Best regards,
Masanao Hayashi

Yes, I build for 10.3 myself, but usually leave this reset in the version I release.

It’s a good point though, maybe I should set it to 10.3 by default. Anyone else with an opinion on this?

I’m building universal binaries and I need to target OS 10.3.9 for the PowerPC side, so yes, I’d like to see 10.3 be the default.

Matt

By the settings I suggested above and set “Mac OS X 10.4u SDK” as SDK setting of the project, the product is built as universal binary which contains i386 code running on 10.4.x or later and PPC code running on 10.3.x or later.

Also, set “ppc i386” for architechture in the release build setting.

Since gcc3.3 is used for PPC version, the built product can run safety on Mac OS X 10.3.

Best regards,
Masanao Hayashi