Build error when I switched from Visual studio 2019 to 2022

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: ‘pluginterfaces/vst2.x/aeffect.h’: No such file or directory (compiling source file …\JuceLibraryCode\include_juce_audio_processors.cpp) SimpleEQ_SharedCode D:\LakeheadGeorgian\Year 4\Semester 2\Advanced Project\Juce\JUCE-master\JUCE-master\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp 51

Here is a picture for those visually inclined.
Build Error

I’m not exactly sure what changed, but when I try to build, it spits out this error, the same type of error shows up when I try to build the standalone version and the VST3 version. Right now, the error above is in regards to the shared code version.
build error full

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Have you enabled the JUCE_PLUGINHOST_VST in the module options of juce_audio_processors by any chance?

If you are not into hosting other VST plugins, you should disable that.

Interesting, I just tried it. and a couple of the errors were resolved so I gonna just keep on trying until its fixed. for reference, here is a picture

and then when I go to build it,

a more in-depth look at what caused that error

Hmm, seems like I found the fix for my project, but I’m still wary as to whether it really fixed it or I just avoided/ created a new problem. Regardless, what I ended up doing was going into projucer, and within the modules, I changed the parameter " Juce VST3 can replace VST2 " which was by default enabled, I disabled it and now I get no errors. here is a picture for reference.

and when I went to build,

and when Starting without debugging

so @bcsuganthan thank you for the tip and for pointing me in the right direction.

Hope this helps someone else too