Building Apps for Raspberry Pi, using OSX Mavericks

Hi All,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to all things Linux, and all things Raspberry Pi. Having a fair bit of trouble piecing together all the different forum posts around the issues I'm getting, so I'd really appreciate if someone could guide me though how to build a Raspberry Pi app on OSX, using JUCE.

• All of the steps below are done using OSX Mavericks
  • I'm using Introjucer to make a GUI Application,  and Auto-Generating at main.cpp file and a basic window
  • In Introjucer, I then add a Linux Makefile target, and the save and open the code in Xcode
  • Nothing is modified in the generated code
  • In Terminal,  I navigate to the makefile generated and use the make command

At this point I get a fair number of warnings:

../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_gui_extra/misc/juce_SplashScreen.h:139:28: warning: 'override' keyword is a C++11 extension [-Wc++11-extensions]

void paint (Graphics&) override;

^

../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_gui_extra/misc/juce_SplashScreen.h:148:26: warning: 'override' keyword is a C++11 extension [-Wc++11-extensions]

void timerCallback() override;

and one fatal error:

../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_opengl/juce_opengl.h:57:11: fatal error: 'GL/gl.h' file not found

#include <GL/gl.h>

How do I resolve this issue,  and is there anything I need to know moving forward, to get something up and running on the Raspberry Pi

Thanks all

You are building the linux binary on the Mac?  That might be possible... but it doesn't sound like an easy thing to do (* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5245444/cross-compiler-for-linux-on-mac-os-x)

You can edit the code anywhere, but you want to do the build (i.e. type make) on something that at least resembles the target machine.  The build on the Pi might be a bit slow, so perhaps you can make a linux VM under virtual box to build a binary for the Pi. 

http://hertaville.com/2012/09/28/development-environment-raspberry-pi-cross-compiler/