Can't build any of the BLOCKS SDKon MSVS2013 JUCE 4.3.0

{RTFM? Haven’t read any of the docs yet, but thought I’d play anyhow. sorry}
Thought I’d have a look at the new BLOCKS SDK stuff, but sadly none of it even builds on my ageing platform :frowning: Win 7/MSVS2013)
I have Win 10 & MSVS2015, and I hope to try it on that as soon as I can.

Update, I could build the Example BLOCKS stuff (on VS2015), but the SDK seems broken on here, too. - I did eventually have a quick look at the docs online, but they didn’t seem to shed any light on why the Windows SDK project might fail

Thanks for the report. Can you share more details of the problem? What kind of error are you getting?

Yes, sorry, was a bit too quick-off-the-mark yesterday.
I’ve just pulled the latest, and will paste my results, this time

Error 1 error MSB8020: The build tools for v140 (Platform Toolset = ‘v140’) cannot be found. To build using the v140 build tools, please install v140 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting “Upgrade Solution…”. C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets 64 5 BLOCKS-SDK

This is different to what I had last-night. May be I haven’ wrangled the propertied properly, yet

The specific error sounds like you tried opening VS2015 without saving the Projucer? Did you try setting the proper toolset from the projucer? (v120 for VS2013…)

Nope. Only ever opened that on Win7/MSVS2013.
I thought I’d changed all the targets/toolsets … could be I didn’t.

Ah, ha! I missed one. Well spotted! Thanks

Now getting this: (I might start from scratch again)

Now getting this:

Error    1    error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\juce_events\juce_events.cpp': No such file or directory    C:\Users\Andrew Cordani\Documents\JUCE\extras\BLOCKS\standalone_sdk\SDK\Build\Windows\c1xx    BLOCKS-SDK
Error    2    error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\juce_core\juce_core.cpp': No such file or directory    C:\Users\Andrew Cordani\Documents\JUCE\extras\BLOCKS\standalone_sdk\SDK\Build\Windows\c1xx    BLOCKS-SDK
Error    3    error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\juce_blocks_basics\juce_blocks_basics.cpp': No such file or directory    C:\Users\Andrew Cordani\Documents\JUCE\extras\BLOCKS\standalone_sdk\SDK\Build\Windows\c1xx    BLOCKS-SDK
Error    4    error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\juce_audio_devices\juce_audio_devices.cpp': No such file or directory    C:\Users\Andrew Cordani\Documents\JUCE\extras\BLOCKS\standalone_sdk\SDK\Build\Windows\c1xx    BLOCKS-SDK
Error    5    error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\juce_audio_basics\juce_audio_basics.cpp': No such file or directory    C:\Users\Andrew Cordani\Documents\JUCE\extras\BLOCKS\standalone_sdk\SDK\Build\Windows\c1xx    BLOCKS-SDK

Hi Dub,

If you want to use the BLOCKS SDK then there’s no need to compile the standalone stuff - all of the SDK code is in a regular JUCE module. The examples in JUCE/examples/BLOCKS are a good starting point for BLOCKS development.

If, however, you do want to compile the BLOCKS code into a static library then please use the repository at https://github.com/weareroli/BLOCKS-SDK . The contents of this repository are generated automatically from the corresponding JUCE modules.

OK, thanks.
I’ll give it a go.

I just ran into this issue. I cannot compile any of the example projects with VS2013. They compile immediately with VS2015. I’m getting a lot of C2610 default errors:
Error 1 error C2610: ‘juce::LEDColour::LEDColour(void) throw()’ : is not a special member function which can be defaulted (…\JuceLibraryCode\juce_blocks_basics.cpp) c:\users\tricky\desktop\unfiltered\libraries\juce\modules\juce_blocks_basics\blocks\juce_ledgrid.h 37 1 BlocksSynth

The three problem files are juce_ledgrid.h, juce_littlefootcompiler.h, and juce_littlefootrunner.h

I’m afraid that the BLOCKS SDK code is compatible with VS2015 (and later) only. We use constexpr extensively, which is one of the C++11 features that didn’t make it into VS2013.

I’ve just removed the VS2013 exporters from the BLOCKS demo projects. They shouldn’t have been there!