Changes in juce from version 1.50 to latest

Hi,

I want to know the changes in juce from version 1.50 to latest.

From where can i get this changelist ?

-Yogi

Obviously the GIT log contains the entire change history…

But 1.50 was several years ago, and the library has changed beyond recognition since then!

Well, the class topology hasn’t changed that much but a lot of helpers/macros actually have. What changed the most since 1.5x is the file structure of the lib.

I recently have successfully ported a project from 1.52 to 2.0.x with relatively few problems.

I suggest you to create a bootstrap project with Introjucer to set up a workspace that uses JUCE 2, and then add to that project your own source files

We just converted our project from 1.50 to 2.x. The most work we had was related to our custom LookAndFeel, a lot of methods and drawing mechanisms have changed.
Another major part was converting the OpenGL implementation. Which is not like it was before at all.
But it took me a few days and now it seems to be running fine again, still a lot of testing to go though.

[quote=“gekkie100”]
Another major part was converting the OpenGL implementation. Which is not like it was before at all.
But it took me a few days and now it seems to be running fine again, still a lot of testing to go though.[/quote]

Gekkie100,

How did you find the OpenGL conversion process?
I’m looking into using MaxProd’s OpenGL Coverflow
http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4910
Which was written for the old pre modular Juce

I was wondering whether you thought the conversion would be possible with a minimal knowledge of OpenGL

We have a Video OpenGL Engine which runs in it’s own thread and can have multiple active OpenGL contexts. Juce’s new OpenGL implmentation is just not compatibel with ours so i create our own version of the OpenGL context which strips out the threading and component painting stuff. So in our case it’s quite a specific case. You will probably not have too much issues, just check the demo to see how it works now.