Character limitation in AAX category

is there any possibility to request a longer character length in the AAX category?

Our plugin Life, falls into 4 different possible categories, I know not great listing them in all 4, but 3 are pretty crucial. The ProJucer restricts the number of characters for this parameter, so have to manually amend this in the app.config file after each time we might accidentally open the .jucer file, when it’s opened on load of the ProJucer, happens when if I’ve not closed the project in the ProJucer before shutting down the ProJucer or I need to force a close and restart (happening a lot recently due to a resource issue), nothing major I know but is a little bit of a nuisance. Not sure if this is the case on windows.

You can rebuild Projucer after applying the following diff to JUCE/extras/Projucer/Source/Project/jucer_Project.cpp:

diff --git a/extras/Projucer/Source/Project/jucer_Project.cpp b/extras/Projucer/Source/Project/jucer_Project.cpp
index da34e10a7..52e7f9b13 100644
--- a/extras/Projucer/Source/Project/jucer_Project.cpp
+++ b/extras/Projucer/Source/Project/jucer_Project.cpp
@@ -831,3 +831,3 @@ void Project::createAudioPluginPropertyEditors (PropertyListBuilder& props)

-    props.add (new TextPropertyComponent (getPluginAAXCategory(), "Plugin AAX Category", 64, false),
+    props.add (new TextPropertyComponent (getPluginAAXCategory(), "Plugin AAX Category", 128, false),
                "This is one of the categories from the AAX_EPlugInCategory enum");

I arbitrarily doubled the size of the text field, but feel free to use whatever value you prefer.

@ed95 @jules there are currently 4 text fields defined in jucer_Project.cpp that have a size of 64 characters. It might be worth considering increasing their size.

Sure, I’ll increase them

Thanks that’s a great help