Classes derived from standard widgets

hi,

one more suggestion,

would it be possible to specify a derived class name when adding standard widgets with the Jucer?

Say I have a CustomSlider class for example, for now the only way to use it with the Jucer is to insert a custom Component. But you lose the convenience of being able to specify all its properties from the Jucer interface.

Having only one additionnal class field (with Slider as default value) would solve this. It would be possible to set all the standards properties from the Jucer, and do the rest in the user code sections.

for now it’s not possible, because the Jucer is in charge of decaring the variable and calling the constructor.

what do you think?

P.S.:
Thank you so much for this great tool. It’s a huge time-saver.
I could use it to generate a template skeleton and then customize it by replacing Slider by CustomSlider…etc But it means losing the ability to open it back in the Jucer and once you’re used to it it’s get really addictive.

So instead of hacking it myself I prefer to ask you here so that everyone can benefit from the additions. IIRC that’s the way of working you recommend, isn’t?

Yeah, sounds like a sensible suggestion. Probably quite a lot of typing involved, though, and I’m a bit busy at the moment, so it’ll have to wait a while.

I can imagine.