Clicked() with modifiers

So I’ve subclassed ImageButton and have a method clicked (const ModifierKeys& modifiers) which gets called and I check for the modifier key… all that works fine… but the problem is that the button changes state visually before it reaches clicked (const ModifierKeys& modifiers)

I want to change the ImageButton image to disabled if the Alt modifier is down when the button is clicked… which all works fine but the button is being repainted ‘down’ & ‘up’ before I get the clicked() call from Button::sendClickMessage… so the button flashes the normal ‘down’ image before I get the chance to change the image.

Is there any way to get the modifier before the button is repainted?

Thanks,

Rail

Trying to make ImageButton do even more things that it wasn’t designed for? Seriously, if the task you’re doing is so different from the functionality of a basic ImageButton, why don’t you just write your own custom class for it?

'Cause ImageButton does 99.9999% of what I need… I have all the other functionality working for the mute and solo buttons… just trying to add the last step of “solo isolate” when the user Alt clicks on a solo button.

I take it from your response that this won’t be possible…

Cheers,

Rail

Anything is possible if you override enough methods, but it sounds to me like the kind of thing where you’d get a cleaner result by just writing a custom control that does what you need.

Cool.

Thanks!

Rail

Did you get anywhere with this Rail?, I'm looking to do a similar thing.

Thanks,
Alan

I wrote my own ImageButton class derived from Component, ChangeBroadcaster and SettableTooltipClient.

Rail