Clicks/Pops when changing some UI parameters (BEGINNER)

Hi! I have a parameter in my plugin that changes the number of filters applied to the audio in series to have a smooth/hard cut at the target frequency. The problem is that when the user bypasses the processing or changes this number using the plugin UI controls I get a click/pop in the audio (audible). How can I solve this problem? thank you

Code:

void FilterExample::processBlock (AudioBuffer& buffer, MidiBuffer& midiMessages)
{
ScopedNoDenormals noDenormals;
auto totalNumInputChannels = getTotalNumInputChannels();
auto totalNumOutputChannels = getTotalNumOutputChannels();

//get parameters
float freqValue = *treeState.getRawParameterValue("cutoff");
int bladeState = (int) *treeState.getRawParameterValue("blades"); //let's say this is the number of consecutive filters
int powerStateRaw = (int)*treeState.getRawParameterValue("power");
bool powerState = powerStateRaw == 1;

if (!isBypassed) {

for (auto i = totalNumInputChannels; i < totalNumOutputChannels; ++i)
        buffer.clear (i, 0, buffer.getNumSamples());

dsp::AudioBlock<float> block(buffer);

//apply filtering
    switch(bladeState) {
        case 1: {
            highPassFilter.process(dsp::ProcessContextReplacing<float>(block));
            break;
        }
        case 2: {
            highPassFilter1.process(dsp::ProcessContextReplacing<float>(block));

break;
        }
        case 3: {
            highPassFilter2.process(dsp::ProcessContextReplacing<float>(block));
            break;
        }
        case 4: {
            highPassFilter3.process(dsp::ProcessContextReplacing<float>(block));
            break;
        }
        case 5: {
            highPassFilter3.process(dsp::ProcessContextReplacing<float>(block));
            highPassFilter4.process(dsp::ProcessContextReplacing<float>(block));
            highPassFilter5.process(dsp::ProcessContextReplacing<float>(block));
            break;
        }

}

//update the filter state
    *highPassFilter.state = *dsp::IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeHighPass(getSampleRate(), freqValue);
    *highPassFilter1.state = *dsp::IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeHighPass(getSampleRate(), freqValue);
    *highPassFilter2.state = *dsp::IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeHighPass(getSampleRate(), freqValue);
    *highPassFilter3.state = *dsp::IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeHighPass(getSampleRate(), freqValue);
    *highPassFilter4.state = *dsp::IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeHighPass(getSampleRate(), freqValue);
    *highPassFilter5.state = *dsp::IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeHighPass(getSampleRate(), freqValue);

}

//check at the end of the block processing to avoid clicks
if(powerState) {
    isBypassed = false;

}else {
    isBypassed = true;
}

//std::cout << freqValue << " " << bladeState << " " << powerState << " " << std::endl;

}