CLion Exporter broken on repository

Hey guys, seems like the CLion exporter is broken in the Master and Develop branches.

Only tested in Mac, but I’m managing to build just fine using XCode.
This happened in any Projucer project I tried to build, including the new project templates (GUI app, etc).

Thanks!
Eyal

0 Likes

Hi Eyal,

What is broken exactly? Please help us find a solution by providing more context. Thanks!

0 Likes

Sorry about that.

It just doesn’t build on Mac, and also shows CMake errors.
I went back and forth to the previous master version and that one works just fine.

0 Likes

What are your errors?

0 Likes

I had to revert back for now. But it seems as though the project is really not configured correctly.
I’m just talking about any of the template projects, that all build fine using XCode (and using the older 5.4.2 build fine using CLion, too).

Did any of you manage to build (any JUCE project) using CLion on Mac?

0 Likes

I’ll get this fixed. Thanks for reporting.

2 Likes

Hi,
Experiencing the same problem I think with 5.4.3. This what comes out in the log when loading the cmake project in CLion. It worked fine with 5.4.2. Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

“/Users/fredrik/Library/Application Support/JetBrains/Toolbox/apps/CLion/ch-0/191.5532.20/CLion 2019.1 EAP.app/Contents/bin/cmake/mac/bin/cmake” -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G “CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles” /Users/fredrik/Documents/git/----/Builds/CLion
CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:3847:
Syntax Warning in cmake code at column 400

Argument not separated from preceding token by whitespace.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:3930:
Syntax Warning in cmake code at column 400

Argument not separated from preceding token by whitespace.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

– Configuring done
– Generating done
– Build files have been written to: /Users/fredrik/Documents/git/----/Builds/CLion/cmake-build-debug

Cannot get compiler information:
Compiler exited with error code 1: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++ -xobjective-c++ -DDEBUG=1 -DJUCER_XCODE_MAC_F6D2F4CF=1 -DJUCE_APP_VERSION=2.0 -DJUCE_APP_VERSION_HEX=0x20000 -DJucePlugin_Build_AAX=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_AU=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_AUv3=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_RTAS=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_Standalone=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_Unity=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_VST3=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_VST=0 -D_DEBUG=1 -I/Users/fredrik/Documents/git/----/Builds/CLion/…/…/JuceLibraryCode -I/Applications/JUCE/modules -fno-common -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -Wparentheses -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wundeclared-selector -Wuninitialized -Wunused-function -Wbool-conversion -Wcomma -Wconstant-conversion -Wempty-body -Wenum-conversion -Winfinite-recursion -Wint-conversion -Wrange-loop-analysis -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmove -Wunreachable-code -Wduplicate-method-match ;-Wreorder\ -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -g -mmacosx-version-min=10.11 -O0 -stdlib=libc++ -std=c++1z -fpch-preprocess -v -dD -E
Apple LLVM version 10.0.0 (clang-1000.11.45.5)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
clang: error: no such file or directory: ‘;-Wreorder -fvisibility-inlines-hidden’

Compiler exited with error code 1: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/cc -xc -DDEBUG=1 -DJUCER_XCODE_MAC_F6D2F4CF=1 -DJUCE_APP_VERSION=2.0 -DJUCE_APP_VERSION_HEX=0x20000 -DJucePlugin_Build_AAX=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_AU=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_AUv3=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_RTAS=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_Standalone=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_Unity=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_VST3=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_VST=0 -D_DEBUG=1 -I/Users/fredrik/Documents/git/----/Builds/CLion/../../JuceLibraryCode -I/Applications/JUCE/modules -fno-common -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -Wparentheses -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wundeclared-selector -Wuninitialized -Wunused-function -Wbool-conversion -Wcomma -Wconstant-conversion -Wempty-body -Wenum-conversion -Winfinite-recursion -Wint-conversion -Wrange-loop-analysis -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmove -Wunreachable-code -Wduplicate-method-match ;-Wreorder\ -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -g -mmacosx-version-min=10.11 -O0 -stdlib=libc++ -fpch-preprocess -v -dD -E
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
clang: error: no such file or directory: ';-Wreorder -fvisibility-inlines-hidden'

Compiler exited with error code 1: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++ -xc++ -DDEBUG=1 -DJUCER_XCODE_MAC_F6D2F4CF=1 -DJUCE_APP_VERSION=2.0 -DJUCE_APP_VERSION_HEX=0x20000 -DJucePlugin_Build_AAX=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_AU=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_AUv3=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_RTAS=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_Standalone=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_Unity=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_VST3=0 -DJucePlugin_Build_VST=0 -D_DEBUG=1 -I/Users/fredrik/Documents/git/----/Builds/CLion/../../JuceLibraryCode -I/Applications/JUCE/modules -fno-common -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -Wparentheses -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wundeclared-selector -Wuninitialized -Wunused-function -Wbool-conversion -Wcomma -Wconstant-conversion -Wempty-body -Wenum-conversion -Winfinite-recursion -Wint-conversion -Wrange-loop-analysis -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmove -Wunreachable-code -Wduplicate-method-match ;-Wreorder\ -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -g -mmacosx-version-min=10.11 -O0 -stdlib=libc++ -std=c++1z -fpch-preprocess -v -dD -E
clang: error: no such file or directory: ';-Wreorder -fvisibility-inlines-hidden'

[Failed to reload]

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this problem. I’m on Mac OS 10.14.2 and just updated to v5.4.3 from v5.4.2. I’m running 2018.3.4 of CLion, which bundles v 3.13.2 of CMake with it.

When I run the cmake command manually, I get the following output:

cmake --build /Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Builds/CLion/cmake-build-debug --target APP -j 4
[ 12%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Source/HyperSequenceLookAndFeel.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Source/SourcePort.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Source/SinkPort.cpp.o
[ 16%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Source/Connector.cpp.o
clangclang: : errorerror: : no input filesno input filesclang
:
error: no input files
clang: error: no input files
/bin/sh: -Wreorder -fvisibility-inlines-hidden: command not found
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/APP.dir/Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Source/Connector.cpp.o] Error 127
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/APP.dir/Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Source/SourcePort.cpp.o] Error 127
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/APP.dir/Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Source/HyperSequenceLookAndFeel.cpp.o] Error 127
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/APP.dir/Users/ncthbrt/Throwaways/Source/SinkPort.cpp.o] Error 127
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/APP.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/APP.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [APP] Error 2
0 Likes

This is fixed on the master and develop branches. It’ll be fixed in the website downloads too, we just need to wait for our CDN to be invalidated and refreshed.

0 Likes

Thanks @t0m for the fast response. Had to temporarily switch to xcode :wink:

0 Likes

Thanks @t0m for looking into it so quickly!

This is currently fixed and working well.

However:
After building the Projucer and re-saving my project (That I built just an hour before that with 5.4.2) I got the same errors, and had to erase the builds folder and re-save before everything worked again.

So it seems like there’s some conflict with the old CMake build product there?

0 Likes