- Run JUCE Demo, latest tip (Debug or Release)
- Choose Test type “Glyphs”
- Check Animate position, size, and rotation
- Choose Use OpenGL Renderer from the Look-and-feel menu (FYI this is misspelled, “Use Use”)
- Optionally attempt to pull down a menu from the menu bar
Eventually it will crash. Trying to open a menu sometimes makes it crash sooner.
The crash appears to be a concurrency issue, two Graphics contexts in separate threads are accessing the Typeface / glyph cache at the same time, to disasterous effect. This screenshot shows the two threads and the associate call stacks: