[CLOSED] Xcode 9 Beta 6 - problems with PROJUCER LiveCompiler

The live compiler is throwing out error messages in Xcode 9 beta 6.

Last beta I was no was beta 4 which seemed fine.

Does this help?

https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/commit/d2967de994099b0a834d2d539745f10c258ae352

Rail

dont think so im afraid - i’ve tried this with the developer “tip” version of JUCE/PROJUCER and still get the error.

Aldo the project im working on isnt for a plugin and happens even with the Demo app project.

i could give you the error readout but would have to reboot off the partition which has XCode 9 - but willl try to do later.

error: /Users/dstenning/Developer/JUCE-master/examples/Demo/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_devices.mm: nullability specifier ‘_Nullable’ cannot be applied to non-pointer type ‘uuid_t’ (aka ‘unsigned char [16]’)

error: /Users/dstenning/Developer/JUCE-master/examples/Demo/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_formats.mm: nullability specifier ‘_Nullable’ cannot be applied to non-pointer type ‘uuid_t’ (aka 'unsigned char [16]’)

I’m struggling to work out what’s going wrong here. So far I’ve:

Unfortunately, everything worked as expected. I also tried renaming Xcode-beta.app to Xcode.app but this didn’t change anything.

Have you done anything different to this?

not that I can see - but now that you’ve demonstrated it working I’ll look further.

I just did a clean git reset --hard and then a fresh pull of develop and did a build of Projucer and ran it in the debugger and now both Demo and my own project live-build correctly. So I think everything now - for some reason is working again.

NO idea what is different from yesterday - but unless I come back - consider closed…

I’m getting the same error here. I’m using JUCE 4.3.1, not Juce 5. Running OS X 10.12.6 if it matters.

fixed it via the fix explained here in the comments: https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/blob/6d1a0acd073e7919f1b84e942b8d157f075431e0/modules/juce_core/native/juce_mac_ClangBugWorkaround.h