As far as I can tell …
- Easy to add items to list all at once with a StringArray
- I can set the Selection easily using “setSelectedId”
- I can modify it’s behavior with a Lamda (onChange)
- Ability to add Submenu’s. (You can do this with CombBox’s, but with extra steps)
- You can assign call backs to each item
- You can change the item selection on the fly by overriding mouseDown
With the exception of needing Submenu’s, I don’t see a reason to use popupmenus.
I don’t want to miss out on the good stuff just because my own needs are limited. Why prefer one over the other? I’d like to expand my knowledge.