Components drawn w/ opengl context have gone all blinky

Hey Jules,

I just pulled an update yesterday and I’m having a problem which also repros in the juce demo. Sliders, buttons etc drawn in conjunction w/ an openGL context are flickering when i hover over them. At some moments in my project it appears that title bar of the application window is trying to draw on top of my buttons when i hover over them (i can see the window’s close button appear occasionally but i’m not quick enough to capture it in a screenshot!)

cheers,

nick

All working fine for me in the demo… I have been tinkering with GL and it was broken like that last week, but should be ok now (?) Are you sure you’ve got the latest version? What’s your OS, etc?

I’m seeing the problem on Windows 7 here. I pulled this morning as well just to double check, and Juce demo is still flickery.

Hmm. Yes, thanks - I’m trying to solve it right now. Will get a fix up there asap!

Cheers! That fixed my flickering.

But, now, well, everything is bigger. Took me a full cup of coffee to realize it. But my whole UI is somehow larger. I think maybe the demo has gotten bigger too? Also maximizing the window is broken in my app and in the demo – the window expands but not to fill the screen.

[quote=“ndika”]Cheers! That fixed my flickering.

But, now, well, everything is bigger. Took me a full cup of coffee to realize it. But my whole UI is somehow larger. I think maybe the demo has gotten bigger too? Also maximizing the window is broken in my app and in the demo – the window expands but not to fill the screen.[/quote]

Technically, it’s now the correct size, and in earlier versions is was too small!

There’s a DPI size which applications are supposed to look at and use to scale themselves to work on hi-res monitors, and I’m in the process of implementing support for this. Had forgotten to check maximising, but will do that now.

BTW you can set your own scale with Desktop::setMasterScaleFactor if you want to override it, but the default is the scale that Windows suggests.

Thanks for the explanation, I will sort that out on my side then.