Crash during OpenGL rendering

I’ve just seen this crash … presumably it’s something i’m doing, but I’m not sure where to start. The crash is in realloc but it wasn’t allocating anything big and I’m guessing this therefore isn’t a memory issue.

But on the other hand, ‘rects’, the member variable of the RectangleList on which realloc is being called, has already been read at this point and therefore presumably is valid. It sure looks valid from this inspection below.

Unfortunately but the time I got this dump Windows had thrown away the details of the exception.

Any suggestions…?

On which branch are you. I see this error when both the opengl and the message thread are doing message thread things, i.e. the MessageManangerLock has somehow failed to lock-out both threads.

I’m seeing this on my experimental OpenGL branch on my private repo (haven’t managed to figure out the source of the data-race yet) but it shouldn’t be happening on develop or master.

Are you trying to access anything requiring the message manager lock (resized(), repaint(), setBounds, but many many more) from an OpenGL callback?

This is JUCE 4.3.1 master branch, on the main thread.

The OpenGL thread is here, stuck in a lock wait:

Hmmm, not sure then. Have you been able to reproduce this with the latest version of JUCE?

I can’t reproduce it with 4.3.1 … :slight_smile:

Have you changed something that might affect this? I’m going to see if I can do something nasty that reproduces thsi with a test app in 4.3.1

Ignore this reply…I was thinking out loud:)