Crash when accessing Microphone on iOS

Hi, I’ve started getting this since pulling a few days ago:

019-01-12 16:16:29.950086+0100 MelodySauce_AUV3[2125:338816] [access] This app has crashed because it attempted to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSMicrophoneUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

This is with microphone access disabled in Projucer.

In order to stop this crash I’ve had to enable microphone access and then provide some text.

thx

That happens if you’re trying to use the camera by itself. enabling the camera means you might record video, which means you need the mic to capture audio.

you don’t need to provide text. the default placeholder text is used if you don’t add anything. same goes for the camera field. Perhaps the ProJucer could be updated such that if you turn on using the Camera, that the microphone is required to be turned on too.

Hi, camera access is disabled also.

Can you double check, that you have input channels=0, e.g. when using AudioAppComponent::setAudioChannels (0, 2); or AudioDeviceManager::initialise (0, ...);.
Third one: AudioDeviceSelectorComponent: minAudioInputChannels=0 and maxAudioInputChannels=0.

Just a shot in the dark…

Is this happening with the AUv3SynthPlugin too? I can’t reproduce it here, building against the latest develop using Xcode 10.