Cubase blank interface problem?

Hi,

Got this support case, has anyone seen something similar:

This user experienced a blank black GUI when loading the plug-in in Cubase 5.0.1.
As he click around the interface, knobs and other parameters show up, but they could not be controlled.
The sound is played back ok as he was playing on the keyboard.

CPU: Core i7 965 (8 core processor)
RAM 6GB
Geforce 9600 Graphic Card
Windows XP Professional SP2 32bit
Cubase 5.0.1

Doesn’t sound familiar… Do you know if it just happened once, or if they always get this?

Hi Jules,

The user says it happens all the time.

Sorry, can’t think of anything that it could be… Without being able to debug it it’s quite hard to think of anything to suggest…

Hi Jules,

The user said that as they click around the interface and happen on a control it then becomes visable. Does this help narrow things down?

Thanks for the help, as you said it is tuff without having something to debug.

Nope… All I can think of is that maybe your paint method is throwing an exception sometimes?

[quote=“gb”]Hi,

Got this support case, has anyone seen something similar:

This user experienced a blank black GUI when loading the plug-in in Cubase 5.0.1.
As he click around the interface, knobs and other parameters show up, but they could not be controlled.
The sound is played back ok as he was playing on the keyboard.[/quote]

Did you find the problem? I have one user that has the same issue.

Edit:
System:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 F5A Mainboard
ATI HD5770 Grafik
RME HDSP 9652 Sound
Windows 7 64

The user could finally resolve the blank UI problem he had on his system with different plugins from different vendors. The problem disappeared after he changed the windows system font from Arial back to the standard windows font. Don’t know how changing the windows font can lead to a blank UI problem!?

Sorry, that’s a mystery to me!