Custom DAW Development

Before figuring out what the basic feature set of other DAWs are I would suggest thinking about what workflow you want to support. Are you designing software for the EDM producer who likes to sit by himself and tweak every last detail? what about the producer recording other artists who wants to sync up with his tape machines? are you supporting the technophobe musician? will you be able to score for films/TV in this DAW? mastering engineers? live recordings? radio? games? etc. Think about who you are making it for, decide on the core features, then look at the most popular DAWs in this market and see if there are any features you think would be very useful that you may have missed, maybe give some thought into how they can be improved upon.

1 Like

Sir, your guidance will be very helpful. I do not see an option but would it be possible for you to message me? Or perhaps we can communicate through e-mails.

Iā€™m shocked at how willing you are to trivialise the hundreds of thousands of hours invested by programmers and designers from established DAW manufacturers whom you admit possess a skill set that you do not. It is extremely disrespectful, and yet you hope to find that some thinly defined ideas coupled with a clear technical misunderstanding of many falsely identified problems to be treated with a high level of respect and enthusiasm by skilled developers. You also request the silencing of any criticism which is being offered in a polite and helpful manner. Quite astonishing.

12 Likes

Well that escalated quickly. Iā€™m locking this thread and have suspended RajonRoliā€™s account indefinitely following his last (now deleted) post.

8 Likes