Damage Control

Sooooo…

I tried adding a function directly into the juce_amalgamated.h file. Tried to compile it, and XCode gave me these errors:

"_AudioFileGetGlobalInfo", referenced from:

juce::(anonymous namespace)::findFileExtensionsForCoreAudioCodecs()in JuceLibraryCode4.o

"_ExtAudioFileDispose", referenced from:

juce::CoreAudioReader::~CoreAudioReader()in JuceLibraryCode4.o

"_ExtAudioFileRead", referenced from:

juce::CoreAudioReader::readSamples(int**, int, int, long long, int)in JuceLibraryCode4.o

"_ExtAudioFileSeek", referenced from:

juce::CoreAudioReader::readSamples(int**, int, int, long long, int)in JuceLibraryCode4.o

"_AudioFileOpenWithCallbacks", referenced from:

juce::CoreAudioReader::CoreAudioReader(juce::InputStream*)in JuceLibraryCode4.o

"_ExtAudioFileWrapAudioFileID", referenced from:

"_ExtAudioFileSetProperty", referenced from:

"_ExtAudioFileGetProperty", referenced from:

"_AudioFileClose", referenced from:

ld: symbol(s) not found

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have NO idea what that all means. So I took my piece of code back out (which, yes, I now realize was the wrong thing to do in the first place), restoring the juce_amalgamated.h file back to its original state. But, when I compile I still get the same error. I reinstalled Juce, but still, the same error.

What do those errors mean?

Thanks!

It means the linker can’t find these functions. You’ll need to add the AudioToolbox framework.

Got it. Thanks.

As a future note, you cropped off the start of the error report, that say what sort of error is it (compiler, linker etc.) Luckily, the body was enough clue.

bruce

Ah. Whoops. Thanks.