Audio Product Owner (gn*)
Based in Düsseldorf, Germany, Dear Reality GmbH is the leading company in the field of spatial audio technology, immersive audio controllers, and B2B audio production software. Well-known for its binaural, Ambisonics, and multi-channel dearVR tools, Dear Reality became part of the Sennheiser group in 2019. Together with Sennheiser, the famous audio giant employing over 2500 people worldwide, Dear Reality is working hand in hand on 3D audio technology, applications, and optimized end-to-end workflows. Our commitment is to deliver high-quality, cutting-edge 3D audio software tools and technology for interactive game and linear audio production.
Please listen to www.dear-reality.com for details on our products and technology.
As the Audio Product Owner, you will work in a small, cross-functional team with a focus on Agile manifesto. You will be responsible for the existing dearVR product line and upcoming products, including: Envisioning features and new audio workflows; gathering requirements from users and partners; plan and build our software products together with our developer team as the product owner.
If you are passionate about audio software development, join us in a multifaceted creative co-working environment that supports individual growth and knowledge sharing. We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and growing international company.
The position will be full-time, the company language is English, and the office is located in Düsseldorf (Germany). We run a hybrid model of home-office and office work.
- Plan and create new software for 3D Audio production in DAWs, VR, AR and mobile in collaboration with our programmers, domain experts, technical artists and users
- Own the dearVR product line for DAWs and immersive controllers
- Prioritize and maintain the product backlog
- Balance requirements from the stakeholders
- Define epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria together with input from stakeholders and developers
- Lead Sprint Planning and regular backlog refinement with the Scrum team in agreed Agile ways of working, acting as the first point of contact between stakeholders and Scrum team
- Also manage, plan, calculate and internally communicate new products
- Get in touch with audio professionals to understand our customer’s needs
- Experience in audio software product planning, production and release life cycles
- Experience with Agile development processes like Scrum or Kanban
- Very good knowledge of two of our three pro audio workflows in music, post or game audio production
- Desire and ability to work independently and in a goal-oriented manner
- Very good English skill (written and spoken)
- Experience with prototyping tools like Max, PD, Matlab, Octave or Python
- Experience with VR/AR media
- Experience with Game audio production
- Existing network into the Pro-Audio scene
Apply through email to email@example.com with your complete CV and the earliest time to start.
The person of contact is Christian Sander (Co-CEO)