Debug build just putting out endless zeros? No DBG() code in my project. Why? Where is it coming from?

I have a project and any time I try to build a debug version with debugging in Visual Studio it just puts out a steady stream of “0” over and over under the Debug Output. It won’t build the project. It just gets stuck doing this forever. The thread is “[2984] JUCE WASAPI” and the Stack Frame is “juce::Logger::outputDebugString”. I have searched all my project files and I have no active “DBG()” code. I’ve never once used a “Logger” or “outputDebugString” code manually before.

So how can I figure out where this stream of 0s is coming from and why it is not letting me build my project?

Thanks

Is JUCE_LOG_ASSERTIONS defined as 1 or 0 ?

Search your JUCE code for Logger::writeToLog

Rail

Here’s what I get for that:

#ifndef JUCE_LOG_ASSERTIONS
 #if JUCE_ANDROID
  #define JUCE_LOG_ASSERTIONS 1
 #else
  #define JUCE_LOG_ASSERTIONS 0
 #endif
#endif

Here’s what I find searching Logger::writeToLog:

void Logger::writeToLog (const String& message)
{
    if (currentLogger != nullptr)
        currentLogger->logMessage (message);
    else
        outputDebugString (message);
}
    #ifndef JUCE_LOG_ASSERTIONS
     #if JUCE_ANDROID
      #define JUCE_LOG_ASSERTIONS 1
     #else
      #define JUCE_LOG_ASSERTIONS 0
     #endif
    #endif

Does that mean anything to you? I’m on Windows not Android. I’ve done nothing to change anything in the JUCE code directly that I’m aware of. None of my other projects are doing this either and I can’t isolate anything in this existing project that would be causing this.

Can’t you put a breakpoint there and jump the stack up to see, where it was called from?

If all else fails, add in outputDebugString (message) { if (message == "0") jassertfalse; ... }

Well that was fucking weird. I deleted my “Builds” folder and deleted the exporter configuration and then readded a new Visual Studio exporter configuration. Opened it again fresh in Visual Studio, and no more endless zeros on Debug build!

It built normally twice now in debug with normal audio output, and there was no change in my project code between the glitchy behavior and the now good behavior.

Is this something that happens sometimes and why? Either way it’s stopped.