Debugger not breaking on plugin crash

Hello,

I am running an AU in Ableton Live 8/9 32-bit, Xcode 6.1.1, OS X 10.9.5.

The problem I'm running into is that whenever the plugin crashes (I tested by forcing an EXC_BAD_ACCESS), Live immediately quits, Xcode stops running (i.e. it moves to the "stop" state, Xcode itself stays open), and the debugger does not break at all. Which makes debugging things rather hard. :)

Breakpoints in the code work fine, I should mention.

Has anyone encountered this problem who could offer some insight? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kanapaha

i would love a workaround/fix for this, i have this problem since a while.. tried setting a symbolic breakpoint on EXC_BAD_ACCESS to no avail, currently debugging NUGEN plugin crashes.. 

This issue happens with Xcode 5.1.1 as well, for what it's worth. I wonder, are crashes in Live on OS X getting caught in the debugger for some of you at least? Thanks for any help.

I think I may have found a workaround.

Start running Live from the debugger, then detach from the process ("Debug -> Detach"). Then re-attach to Live ("Debug -> Attach to Process -> Live").

This workaround seems to work for my little test case of forcing a crash, but I'm not sure how robust it is in other scenarios. Nevertheless, I wanted to share it in case it helps others out.