Demo-App Audio on iOS

Just to let you know, your Demo-App crashes on any Audio related call on my iphone6. I built it from the latest github sources.

Audio indeed is working in my own sample, so I think the bug must be in the demo.

Hi @slajar,

Can you post some more info about the crash or a screenshot so I can see where it is occurring? All of the audio sections of the demo are working fine for me running on an iPhone 6 using the latest tip of the develop branch.

Ed

A screenshot might not help you :slight_smile: Well, I think I found the reason. On the output console I see:

2017-01-26 21:18:27.109251 JuceDemo[4819:1364158] [access] This app has crashed because it attempted to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSMicrophoneUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

You need to specify a bunch of new variables to run iOS apps with Audio since iOS10 SDK. In my testing app I actually fixed it and I forgot to check the console before I send the bug report. Sorry about that, but the fix should be fairly easy for your now :slight_smile:

Do you have the “Microphone access” field of the iOS exporter in the Projucer enabled? This allows the app to use the microphone and should be enabled by default on the JUCE Demo project.

Ed

I actually, didn’t do anything but compiling and running the demo app. So no I did not enable it on purpose.