Howdy, Im trying to achieve something here but fail and hope that someone has solved it, or has any ideas how to solve it.
This is what im trying to achieve.
* I have a file list where i can drag stuff from (using startDragging(...))
* I have a drop area which accepts both filesDropped(...) and itemDropped(...)
* When I drag a file I make some custom image for the drag which is properly displayed as long as im inside the application.
* When i drag outside the window the current drag is terminated (dragOperationEnded() is called) and a external drag is started. (since i overrided shouldDropFilesWhenDraggedExternally(...))
* If i then drag back to the application, I start recieving fileDragMove(...) events instead of itemDragMove(...) events (obviously), but i still want to display the image i passed in to startDragging(...)
* I would also prefer to know when the drag is completed (i.e. the user dropped some files on desktop) but i cant find something along those lines, how would i go about doing that?
So basically what happens now is that as long as im dragging inside the application, an image of what im dragging is shown, if i then leave the window and then go back to dragging over the file list, a "cannot-drop-here-icon" is shown instead of the fancy custom image.
I feel I suck at explaining myself, so if all fails, I want the behaviour that is used in the file explorer on a windows PC. Try dragging a text file from the file explorer, to visual studio for example and then back to see what i mean :)
Thanks for any input in this.