DragAndDrop not working

Hello, I’m having a strange problem with drag and drop: I tried to implement FileDragAndDrop on a ContentComponent class, but it was not working, so I tried to look at the juce demo and noticed that it doesn’t work there either (while the text dnd works). Is it possible that the problem is given by the multidesktop environment? (I’m using last juce version pulled from the repository)

And your operating system is…?

Sorry :slight_smile: Win7 sp1 64bit

Seems to work just fine for me in the demo.

I tried on win7 32bit sp1 and on osx 10.7.4 64bit, both with single monitor, and it works… seems to be an issue on the multidesktop, tomorrow I’ll recheck.

I tested JUCE Demo with the latest tip on Windows 7 x64 SP1 with two monitors. I tried all combinations of drag origination and demo window position. I was not able to reproduce the defect.

CANNOT REPLICATE BUG

Are you just talking about multiple monitors, or is “the multidesktop” some kind of strange Windows mode that I’ve never heard of?

[quote=“TheVinn”]I tested JUCE Demo with the latest tip on Windows 7 x64 SP1 with two monitors. I tried all combinations of drag origination and demo window position. I was not able to reproduce the defect.

CANNOT REPLICATE BUG[/quote]

Well, it’s definitely not a bug of Juce, neither caused by the multidesktop: I tried to run my app, compiled on another machine, on this one (that has the problem), and the DnD works. The problem appears when I compile the project on this machine, either with VS2008 or VS2010… any guess on what could it be?

Do you have multiple versions of the library on your machine? Could be accidentally mixing up different source trees when you compile.

[quote=“jules”]
Do you have multiple versions of the library on your machine? Could be accidentally mixing up different source trees when you compile.[/quote]

No just one.
Anyway I forget to point out one thing that maybe is important: when I try to drag something on the app, as soon as the mouse enters the main window the mouse cursor changes to a denial signal, just like if the DnD is unavailable on the whole window: I also tried to add a breakpoint on the MouseInputSource::handleEvent and it doesn’t stops there when dragging something, so there should be something upstream that handles it… any clue?

Sorry, no idea. Some kind of Windows permissions thing?

My god I can’t believe this damn UAC has screwed me again… thanks :slight_smile: