Drawable & DrawableComposite show only a small part of the SVG

Hi

All I want to do is display an SVG in a certain part of my GUI.  I took at look at the Juce Demo and am trying some similar code:

StringArray iconNames;

OwnedArray<Drawable> iconsFromZipFile;

// If we've not already done so, load all the images from the zip file..

MemoryInputStream iconsFileStream (BinaryData::PulseWidthIcon_svg_zip, BinaryData::PulseWidthIcon_svg_zipSize, false);

ZipFile icons (&iconsFileStream, false);

for (int i = 0; i < icons.getNumEntries(); ++i)

{

ScopedPointer<InputStream> svgFileStream (icons.createStreamForEntry (i));

for (int i = 0; i < icons.getNumEntries(); ++i)

{

ScopedPointer<InputStream> svgFileStream (icons.createStreamForEntry (i));

if (svgFileStream != 0)

{

iconNames.add (icons.getEntry(i)->filename);

iconsFromZipFile.add (Drawable::createFromImageDataStream (*svgFileStream));

}

}

}

DrawableComposite* image = dynamic_cast <DrawableComposite*> (iconsFromZipFile [iconNames.indexOf ("PulseWidthIcon.svg")]->createCopy());

//Drawable* image = iconsFromZipFile [iconNames.indexOf ("PulseWidthIcon.svg")]->createCopy();

addAndMakeVisible(image);

image->setBounds (9, 6, 10, 10);

Both dymanic casting the Drawable to a DrawableComposite (as shown above) or no casting and using Drawable, (commented out above) show only a small part of the SVG.  

If I omit setBounds then they both show the whole SVG but way too big.

Interestingly, DrawableImage fails to display anything, either with or without setBounds.

I guess I should set the 'Bounding Box' or 'Content Area' but I'm not sure how.

Can anybody tell me how I can display the entire SVG, in the bounds (9, 6, 10, 10)?

Thanks in advance

Drawable::drawWithin? DrawableComposite::resetBoundingBoxToContentArea() ?

Hi Jules,

Thanks for replying.  

So I'm going with the DrawableComposite and I have your Juce Demo 'edit-find' svg as an example.  I must be doing something very wrong since resetBoundingBoxToContentArea() doesn't work for me.

Here's the code:

//A first SVG, displayed correctly:        

DrawableComposite* image = dynamic_cast <DrawableComposite*> (iconsFromZipFile [iconNames.indexOf ("edit-find.svg")]->createCopy());

addAndMakeVisible(image);

image->setBounds (9, 200, 60, 60);

//A second SVG that SHOULD look the same but smaller:

DrawableComposite* imageOfDesiredSize = dynamic_cast <DrawableComposite*> (iconsFromZipFile [iconNames.indexOf ("edit-find.svg")]->createCopy());

addAndMakeVisible(imageOfDesiredSize);

imageOfDesiredSize->setBounds (100, 200, 25, 25);

imageOfDesiredSize->resetBoundingBoxToContentArea(); // is this wrong???!!!

I have setup a simple display of the issue since I'm sure I didn't explain properly.  I would like my SVG to be, say, 25x25 but it doesn't shrink.  I just see, with this example, the top left portion of the edit-find icon, I want the WHOLE thing!!

Here is picture that illustrates the problem:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd427/Dave_Chambers/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-30%20at%2023.54.10_zpsw3v7rzgw.png

Please help!

K

Have a look at the SVGDemo class in the juce demo codebase. That shows how to position them.

ok Jules. Thanks.  I'll check that out later