DSPDemo: register new demos

Hello,

The DSPDemo project can be found in JUCE’s examples folder. I have created an all-pass filter demo that I would like to add to add to DSPDemo. How do I do I add my new demo to the demos list?

I hope that my all-pass filter demo helps everybody once I am able to make it show up on the demos list!

Regards,

HubriSonics

To make your demo appear in the list of demos in the DSPDemo application, the most straightforward approach would be to copy an existing demo into a new .cpp file, add this file to the DSPDemo project in the Projucer, then rename the top-level classes in that file.

If you want to make a contribution to JUCE then you’re welcome to submit a pull request on GitHub. However, there’s no guarantee that the JUCE team will incorporate your ideas (particularly at the moment - the new few months are extremely busy). Posting the code for your new demo on the forum is a much easier way to share knowledge and get feedback.

I would like to upload a version of IIRFilterDemo.cpp that includes an option for an all-pass filter. However, since I am a new member, I cannot upload files.

If you indent all lines by four spaces you can paste it directly into a forum message and it will be automatically formatted and highlighted.

Here is an altered version of IIRFilter.cpp that includes an all-pass filter option. All-pass filters can be used to mitigate (or increase) group delay in recorded music.

/*
  ==============================================================================

This file is part of the JUCE library.
   Copyright (c) 2017 - ROLI Ltd.

JUCE is an open source library subject to commercial or open-source
   licensing.

By using JUCE, you agree to the terms of both the JUCE 5 End-User License
   Agreement and JUCE 5 Privacy Policy (both updated and effective as of the
   27th April 2017).

End User License Agreement: www.juce.com/juce-5-licence
   Privacy Policy: www.juce.com/juce-5-privacy-policy

Or: You may also use this code under the terms of the GPL v3 (see
   www.gnu.org/licenses).

JUCE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER
   EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, ARE
   DISCLAIMED.

This file was modified by HubriSonics on September 29, 2017.

1) The option for an all-pass filter was added. 
  2) The low end of the Q range was changed from 0.3 to 0.02.
  3) The skew of both sliders was changed from 0.5 to 0.25.  
*/

#include "../DSPDemo.h"

//==============================================================================
// @@ START_DEMO
struct IIRFilterDemo
{
    void prepare (const ProcessSpec& spec)
    {
        sampleRate = spec.sampleRate;

iir.state = IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeLowPass (sampleRate, 440.0);
        iir.prepare (spec);
    }

void process (const ProcessContextReplacing<float>& context)
    {
        iir.process (context);
    }

void reset()
    {
        iir.reset();
    }

void updateParameters()
    {
        if (sampleRate != 0)
        {
            auto cutoff = static_cast<float> (cutoffParam.getCurrentValue());
            auto qVal   = static_cast<float> (qParam.getCurrentValue());

switch (typeParam.getCurrentSelectedID())
            {
                case 1:     *iir.state = *IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeLowPass  (sampleRate, cutoff, qVal); break;
                case 2:     *iir.state = *IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeHighPass (sampleRate, cutoff, qVal); break;
                case 3:     *iir.state = *IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeBandPass (sampleRate, cutoff, qVal); break;
                case 4:     *iir.state = *IIR::Coefficients<float>::makeAllPass  (sampleRate, cutoff, qVal); break;
                default:    break;
            }
        }
    }

//==============================================================================
    ProcessorDuplicator<IIR::Filter<float>, IIR::Coefficients<float>> iir;

ChoiceParameter typeParam { { "Low-pass", "High-pass", "Band-pass", "All-pass"}, 1, "Type" };
    SliderParameter cutoffParam { { 20.0, 20000.0 }, 0.25, 440.0f, "Cutoff", "Hz" };
    SliderParameter qParam { { 0.02, 20.0 }, 0.25, 1.0 / std::sqrt(2.0), "Q" };

std::vector<DSPDemoParameterBase*> parameters { &typeParam, &cutoffParam, &qParam };
    double sampleRate = 0;
};
// @@ END_DEMO

RegisterDSPDemo<IIRFilterDemo> iirDemo ("IIR Filter", BinaryData::IIRFilterDemo_cpp);