Error - Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented twice

Hello,
I after last JUCE update I can’t compile xCode project from applescript. I master of scripts. I don’t know how to check other scripts languages. But when I compile and buid the project from xCode everything is fine. The problem is only when I launch buildin from script with command:
do shell script "xcodebuild -project " & xCodeProjPath & "myProject.xcodeproj -target \"myProject - All\" -configuration \"Release\""

I have no idea what to do. The exact error is:
Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1f86bbad8) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x113ddc2b8).
One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Could anyone help me in some way?

Great thanks in advance.
Best Regards

The mentioned frameworks are both system frameworks, so I think it’s unlikely that this is an issue in JUCE itself.

I think normally this sort of issue would be emitted as a link-time warning, so I’d be a little surprised if it was causing the entire build to fail.

Some things to consider:

  • Is the build actually failing, or is it succeeding with some extra unwanted output?
  • Did you change anything else (e.g. updating Xcode, updating macOS, modifying build scripts) while you were updating JUCE? If you revert to the old version of JUCE, does the problem go away?
  • Is there any more output from the build? It’s possible that there was another more serious error earlier on in the build, so make sure to look carefully for other errors. When trying to fixing build errors, you should always work through the errors from top to bottom, as later errors are often produced as a side-effect of earlier errors.

Hello,
great thanks for your answer. Why I suspect it’s JUCE? Because I have more xCode project built from Projucer. And only one of them is built from Projucer after JUCE update. And only that one project has the problem. So I took another older xCode project and removed it and built again from updated Projucer. Now that project also has the problem. So it looks like it has something to do with JUCE update.

  • Is the build actually failing, or is it succeeding with some extra unwanted output?

No there is no success. When I run it from script the process is hidden (or I just don’t know where to find the output messages). But it looks like there isn’t even any try of building because the error happens immediately after script start.

  • Did you change anything else (e.g. updating Xcode, updating macOS, modifying build scripts) while you were updating JUCE? If you revert to the old version of JUCE, does the problem go away?

As I told you before, I get the error only for *.xcodeproj which are prepared by updated version of Projucer and updated all JUCE library.

  • Is there any more output from the build? It’s possible that there was another more serious error earlier on in the build, so make sure to look carefully for other errors. When trying to fixing build errors, you should always work through the errors from top to bottom, as later errors are often produced as a side-effect of earlier errors.

Hmm… I would like to do this but I don’t know how to find the build output for processes runing from script. The xCode is not even running in that case.

Could you try running the same command as the script, directly in a terminal? i.e.

xcodebuild -project /path/to/myProject.xcodeproj -target "myProject - All" -configuration "Release"

This way, you should be able to see all of the output from the build, and search it for strings like error:.

OK, now everything is fine. I try your command with exact path to proj file and it works fine in both cases, I mean from Terminal and from script.
So it looks like the problem was in string concatinating in my script command.
Error was with that line:
do shell script "xcodebuild -project " & xCodeProjPath & "myProject.xcodeproj -target \"myProject - All\" -configuration \"Release\""

But when I put " before path and on the end of it, like that:
do shell script "xcodebuild -project \"" & xCodeProjPath & "BM Squasher.xcodeproj\" -target \"BM Squasher - All\" -configuration \"Release\""

Now everything is fine. But it is still very strange that problem appeared after JUCE update and then xcodebuild file.

Probably it’s some stupid think on my side, but now while everything works fine, I leave that issue.