Hey jucers and ROLI team,
I have an interesting situation with the juce Midibuffer iterator class that is occurring in the current release version of the JUCE framework.
I am noticing that in the current version of JUCE (4.3.1; also reproducable on 4.2.3) that when midi notes are played from a DAW’s (Logic Pro X, Ableton, etc) on-screen keyboard in note groups of three, that the midi buffer iterator is not recognizing the involved third key as being a note on.
Note: Midi Iterator handles midi messages from external keyboards just fine.
- Open DAW with on-screen keyboard capabilities (Logic, Ableton, etc)
- Load Juce Demo Plugin (Audio Unit) into MIDI Instrument Track
- Using the DAW’s **on-screen keyboard ** play the following notes: 60, 61, 62.
- Please notice that the note that is pressed THIRD is not registered as a note on event.
- if you press note 60, then 61, and then note 62 – note 62 will not activate.
- if you press note 60, then 62, and then note 61 – note 61 will not activate.
- if you press note 61, then 62, and then note 60 – note 60 will not activate.
This happens with any series of white keys seperated by a black key (C, C#, D for example).
Again, this does not occur from an external midi source, this only occurs when using the on-screen keyboard that some DAWs provide.
Thank you for your time. I look forward to a response.